The Center of Excellence for Children’s Behavioral Health is a large team within the Georgia Health Policy Center. Working in tandem with a broad array of partners and the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities, the Center of Excellence is supporting the development and implementation of a sustainable System of Care that is individualized, comprehensive, coordinated, culturally competent, and driven by child and family needs.
The Center of Excellence is engaged in:
– Providing program implementation and evaluation support for evidence-driven practice models, such as High Fidelity Wraparound, Clubhouse for Youth with Co-Occurring Disorders, Trauma-Informed Systems, Cultural and Linguistic Competency, and Recovery-Oriented Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
– Developing behavioral health community-based workforce capacity through curriculum development, training, and technical assistance
– Analyzing financing structures and service delivery opportunities, like school-based mental health, for improving access to behavioral care
– Identifying quality-improvement opportunities to strengthen programs and outcomes for children, adolescents, and emerging adults with behavioral health issues
– Evaluating collective impact and strengthening collaboration across agencies involved in Systems of Care
Meet the Experts
Learn more about our staff of experts available to assist you.