As part of the Georgia Health Policy Center’s yearlong 25th anniversary celebration,
we invite you join us for the first event in the speaker and film series, Confronting Childhood Obesity: 25 Years of Action in Georgia.
Georgia faces an epidemic of childhood obesity with dire, long-term consequences, but has emerged as a national leader in creating public-private solutions. Join us for a conversation about how Georgia can continue being an innovator, including in school-based efforts.
- Stephanie Walsh (Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta)
- John Bare (Atlanta Falcons Youth Foundation)
- Panelists showcasing community coalition-driven solutions to childhood obesity:
- Vanetta Keyes of CHOICES for Kids Atlanta
- Paula Kreissler of Health Savannah
- Jim Lidstone of Live Healthy Baldwin
- Zoe Myers of Cook County Family Connection.
The event will conclude with a special presentation of the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition’s Lifetime Achievement Award to GHPC’s Debra Kibbe by board member Julie Teer, from the Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
This event is free and open to the public. Click here to RSVP.
Learn more about