Working in tandem with a broad array of partners and the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities, the Center of Excellence for Children’s Behavioral Health supports the development and implementation of a sustainable System of Care that is individualized, comprehensive, coordinated, culturally competent, and driven by child and family needs.
The Center of Excellence for Children’s Behavioral Health is engaged in:
- Providing program implementation and evaluation support for evidence-driven practice models, such as High Fidelity Wraparound, Clubhouse for Youth with Co-Occurring Disorders, Trauma-Informed Systems, Cultural and Linguistic Competency, and Recovery-Oriented Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Developing behavioral health community-based workforce capacity through curriculum development, training, and technical assistance
- Analyzing financing structures and service delivery opportunities, like school-based mental health, for improving access to behavioral care
- Identifying quality-improvement opportunities to strengthen programs and outcomes for children, adolescents, and emerging adults with behavioral health issues
- Evaluating collective impact and strengthening collaboration across agencies involved in Systems of Care