As health reform is currently being debated at the national level, GHPC is undertaking a comprehensive effort to understand and translate health reform proposals for our local, state, and national partners. We have constructed the Health Reform Work Group, which is composed of a multidisciplinary team of faculty and staff from GSU’s Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, the J. Mack Robinson College of Business, the College of Law, and the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University. Team members have expertise in health policy, health care administration, economics, insurance, finance, employee benefits, risk management, long-term care, public health, and law.
The work group operates in real time to track and analyze health reform proposals, and to translate and disseminate information to stakeholders through policy briefs, presentations, panel discussions, tool kits, and webinars. This work will assist our partners in building a knowledge base to inform decision making from a systems perspective; and help stakeholders (government agencies, public health departments, hospitals, and other provider organizations) build their capacity to strategically plan in a time of health system transformation.
The work group will track the implementation of any law that emerges with keen interest on its impact in Georgia, regarding rates of uninsured, responses from private and public markets, regulations, court decisions, and responses from other states. Check back for further updates and tools for health reform.
- About the GHPC Health Reform Work Group
- Health Care Landscape Series
- Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act (CARA) 2.0 Act (May 2018)
- Regulation & Administrative Actions Georgia’s Marketplace Presentation (October 2017)
- Better Care Reconciliation Act Overview (August 2017)
- Comparison of Health Reform Proposals (July 2017)
- Impact Assessment of the Better Care Reconciliation Act (June 2017)
- American Health Care Act Update (May 2017)
- Georgia’s Health Care Reform Task Force Presentation (May 2017)
- Cost-Sharing Reductions in the Health Insurance Marketplace: Uncertainty and Implications for Georgia (May 2017)
- Summary of HHS Market Stabilization Final Rule (April 2017)