Transforming Communities was an initiative of Trinity Health, one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. The four-year, nearly $20 million initiative consisted of grants, loans, technical support, and other activities. The initiative aimed to improve the health and well-being in eight participating sites through supporting community partnerships that focused on policy, systems, and environmental (PSE) change strategies.
The Georgia Health Policy Center conducted both the formative and impact evaluations of TCI. The goal of the formative evaluation — an ongoing process for TCI — was to collect observations and feedback to improve and strengthen TCI’s implementation. The impact evaluation, working closely with local evaluators, assessed partnership and collaboration, as well as PSE change reach, implementation, and impact.
- 2018-2019 Evaluation Highlights Infographic
- Final Evaluation Highlights
- Transforming Communities Initiative: Final Impact Evaluation
- Fresno Community Health Improvement Partnership, Fresno, Calif.
- Healthy Montgomery, Silver Spring, Md.
- Live Well Springfield, Springfield, Mass.
- Promise Partnerships, Boise, Idaho
- Proviso Partners for Health, Proviso, Ill.
- Syracuse, Syracuse, NY
- The North Hartford Triple Aim Collaborative, Hartford, Conn.
- Transforming Communities Initiative: Trenton Health Team, Trenton, N.J.